“Here are some of my favorite recipes. They are mostly single – serving size (or sometimes serve two or three when indicated), but they can be easily doubled, tripled, or more, depending on how many people you are cooking for. Cooking for one? Just divide up the servings for another meal. Refrigerate for up to three days, or freeze for a later meal.
1 scooped regular, 100 – calorie, or Weight Watchers bagel
1 tablespoon reduced – fat cream cheese
3 ounces Nova smoked salmon (lox)2 slices red onion
2 slices tomato Capers (optional)
2 leaves of romaine or other lettuce
- 1 small whole wheat tortilla
- ВЅ cup canned fat – free re-fried beans
- ВЅ cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Вј cup mild or medium salsa (fresh or jarred)
Spread tortilla with re-fried beans and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Move to plate, top with salsa, and roll up.
- 16 вЂ“ Ounce salmon fillet
- 4 stalks asparagus, cut into 2 – inch pieces
- Dried tarragon, black pepper to taste
- ВЅ cup dry vermouth or other white wine
“Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place salmon in a baking dish, season with black pepper, and sprinkle with dried tarragon. Add asparagus pieces around the salmon. Pour ВЅ cup wine into the dish and bake uncovered (middle rack) until liquid starts to bubble. Baste the salmon with the liquid every 5 minutes, or a total cooking time of about 12 minutes, until the salmon feels springy to the touch and is cooked through. For a drier fillet, cook a total of 15 minutes.